Plastic Bag Essay
Plastic bags have become a big problem today. They have replaced paper and jute bags, which are less durable and beautiful. Plastic containers are widely used for transporting food, vegetables, fish, fruits, flowers and other essential items. The use of plastic bags and containers has created various problems.
Problems Caused by Plastic Bags:
Plastic bags are non-biodegradable. Thus, disposing of plastics is the biggest challenge.
Cause of illness in Humans
The production of plastic bags releases toxic chemicals. These are the main cause of serious illness.
Waste plastic bags are the main reason for trapping the drains and sewers, especially during rains. This can result in a flood-like situation.
Deterioration of Environment
Plastic bags have become the biggest cause of soil pollution today. Plastic bags that enter the body of water are a major cause of water pollution. Therefore, we can conclude that they are harming our environment in every possible way.
Why Should Plastic be Banned?
- Plastic waste bags are highly polluting the ground and water.
- Plastic bags have become a threat to the lives of land and aquatic animals.
- Chemicals released from waste plastic bags enter the soil and make it sterile.
- Plastic bags cause drainage problems.
- Plastic bags have negative effects on human health.
Many countries around the world have banned or imposed a levy tax on plastic bags. However, the problem has not been completely resolved because the implementation of these measures has not been so successful.